The event will highlight multiple aspects of our diverse community including:
- Engaging the Australian South Sea Island community during the 150th anniversary celebrations of South Sea Islander presence in Mackay
- Bringing together a diverse range of people from education, business leaders, arts and agriculture.
- Providing an engaging platform for in-situ education about soil health and its benefits to the environment (including the Great Barrier Reef through reduced chemical runoff)
- Pointing to a positive future for regenerative agricultural practices in the region, whilst connecting families to farmers through arts and culture.
- Celebrating the skills and talents of local performers and artisans
- Inspiring a potential for other tourism opportunities for Mackay, which can then link to further education about good farming practices
- Demonstrating an opportunity to socialise in a unique setting, engaging media and community